Monday, October 20, 2008

To My Favorite Philly Brothers - This One's For You

This is NOT a Rickroll

So two of my friends are Philly guys; they're not from Philly, but went to UPenn, so they automatically have Philly blood. They're not necessarily loyal to Philly teams, but as semi-blooded Philadelphians, they must, at any opportunity, knock Boston fans. It's pretty much a blood ritual I think the three big cities play out - Boston, New York, and Philadelphia. These three cities are chock full of sports guys who hock venum at each other, all for fun. But I must admit, it is pretty fun. So my two Philly bros give my real bro shit for being a Boston fan. Well, here's some help for my bro to get back. Of course, I'm not sure if Philly fans would be ashamed or proud of this. Hmmm.

A guy at Deadspin asked for readers to give him stories of Philly fans being, well, um, Philly fans. What he got was a deluge of stories about the most awful, wretched, immoral people who ever lived. But I gotta, say, it's freakin' hilarious. I only now wish the same guy would ask for similar stories about Boston and New York.

2 erotic poetry prompts:

Steven Philippi October 21, 2008 at 10:35 AM  

Baseball is boring why fight over it?

The Filthy Logician October 21, 2008 at 3:43 PM  

Interestingly enough, Philly baseball fans aren't nearly as crazy and psychotic as the football and basketball fans. And for that matter, one Eagles fan could take down about 20 76ers fans before cut down himself. Eagles fans will kill you, make no mistake about it.