Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I'm posting a lot right now. Why?

Various sports sites (nba.com, espn.com, and si.com) like to have little previews written up for each game played on a given day. I enjoy reading the basketball previews because there's always something funny, like just now, when I read the preview for the Los Angeles Lakers/New Orleans Hornets game tonight (it's on NBATV at 8:30, if anyone wants to watch; you all loooooove sports). The preview had about 27 sentences (I say "about" because they had some quotes from players and coaches, and I tried to average out their length) and 7 of them talked about the New Orleans Hornets. SEVEN. That's it. Just SEVEN. And it was the final 7 sentences, too. The first 20 talked about the Lakers and their battle with the Celtics for the top seed in the league, as well as a revisit of the NBA Finals last year where the Lakers got crushed. The best part is that the 7 sentences the Hornets got said, in short, "Hornets lost their last game, won the game before that, and lost both games to the Lakers earlier this year by wide margins." So, you know, no one cares about the Hornets, I guess.

0 erotic poetry prompts: