Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Some Thoughts about Things


I think I'm becoming more and more disappointed with Obama's selections, but I suppose I should reserve the full extent of my judgment until a few months down the road.

I think the Lakers have a more talented squad than every other team in the NBA, but somehow, they're less consistent, less cohesive as a team than, say, the Celtics.

I think Finals Week is going to be easier than I thought (I'm 20% through and that's the case so far).

I think it's funny that Philippi has finals next week. Sucker!

I think I'm going to miss my history of philosophy class ("Democrats have always been poor"; "I'm not doing anything with your best interests in mind").

I think Bush is surprising me and the world with his lack of pardons, thus far. There's always Monday, January 19th!

I think we could all use a break, even if Finals are easy. Sometimes you need to kick back and watch six hours of television.

I think December is a good time to reflect on the stupid shit we did the past 15 weeks, and why repeating it would be a bad idea.

I don't think January works nearly as well for that same reflection.

I think Christmas, or the Holidays or whatever, is a little less vivid this year, but only because I feel more frantic and busy than I did last year, or any year.

I think I might actually go somewhere with writing, and no, not to the gutter of some forgotten road in the still slightly romantic Midwest (though that would make a good story).

I think if my history teacher showed up on time, we may have actually learned something this semester.

I think if that same teacher would stop wearing a lame excuse for cowboy hat, I wouldn't mind so much that we didn't learning anything.

I think I shouldn't have to pay $100 for a passport.

I think it's funny that I'm better at speaking Chinese after one night of vaguely serious application than half of Paco's 101 class (which meets five days a weeeeeeeeeek).

I think putting a horrendous amount of extra vowels in words is ridiculous, but I do it anyyyyyywaaaaaaays ('y' is a vowel and not a vowel in the same word!).

I think I'm actually learning French.

I think it's funny how I go through ASU and never say a word to the dozens of people I see regularly whom I was friends with/knew in high school.

I think you should be able to wear a sweatshirt in Arizona to escape the frigid winter mornings and not have to worry about sweating through the afternoon hours later that same day.

What do you think?


6 erotic poetry prompts:

Anonymous,  December 9, 2008 at 4:17 PM  

I guess i'm the first person to care.

what did you mean that you are going to go somewhere to write? literally go some were or as a career?

The Filthy Logician December 9, 2008 at 5:56 PM  

I think I'll "make it," as they say. Which really means "I'm going to write a book and blow everyone away while at the same time I'll actually get it published (somehow)." So, you know, I got hope n' stuff.

I Really Heart Tinfoil Hats! December 10, 2008 at 2:11 PM  

Yeah. . . Obama's selections are chimera!
Things are gonna change!
Ooobaaaamaaa! Yeah!
Change!
Anyway, you should be disappointed in Obama's selections as there is exactly zero left leaning appointments. It's quite humorous really, if you can enjoy the irony. I had made the case now that there is little difference between Obama and a moderate republican. It seems he's doing his best to prove me right. I hope that next time around, progressives realize that if they want a left leaning candidate, they have to support a left leaning candidate. This assclowns that ride the progressives by simply stating that they are better than the other guy have to go. Liberals have to support liberal candidates and require liberal concessions from candidates (which no one required of Obama) for their support. Otherwise, these asshat democrats can keep running on the more republican than republican platforms that we all know and love, and end up beholden to these very same fuckheads that the republicans are. I'll be surprised when that happens though. Change! Things Are Gonna Change! Obama!

Clifton December 11, 2008 at 1:45 PM  

I think it's weird that Tinfoil Hats didn't say "U R gay!"

The Filthy Logician December 11, 2008 at 2:53 PM  

Yeah, ben must've been too shocked by all the MMA manlove. I know how it cuts him to his core...his very gay core...